Volunteer: Indivisible East Bay Activism Fair
Rainbow Street is joining Indivisible East Bay and other advocacy organizations for the activism fair held in conjunction with the empty-chair Town Hall for Senator Dianne Feinstein. George Lakoff will be the featured speaker, and tickets are already sold out. This is an excellent chance for Rainbow Street volunteers to:
- Educate the community about the needs of LGBT refugees in the Middle East.
- Raise awareness about Rainbow Street's services.
- Solicit newsletter subscriptions, volunteer sign-ups, and $5 monthly donations.
- Provide materials for participants to write their own postcard or letter to their elected officials opposing Trump's ban on refugees.
- Network with other advocates
Materials: Rainbow Street will provide all tabling materials. All volunteers will get an orientation packet in advance with an overview of Rainbow Street's operations and goals, talking points, responses to frequently asked questions, and other handy information.
Parking: There will be parking in the lots at the school but it will likely fill up quickly. After that, parking is on the street.
Elmhurst Community Prep School
1800 98th Ave
Oakland, CA 94603
Sunday, February 26