About Rainbow Street
Founded in 2014, Rainbow Street is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation based in the San Francisco Bay Area that provides critical assistance to LGBT individuals living in crisis in the Middle East and North Africa. Rainbow Street’s international volunteer staff provides case management for local LGBT community members and coordinates the disbursement of charitable funds to exceptionally vulnerable individuals in Jordan, Lebanon, and Tunisia.
Rainbow Street seeks 3-6 new Case Managers who will help expand the organization’s capacity to screen, monitor, and coordinate assistance to Rainbow Street beneficiaries. Depending on the applicant’s skills, they may have opportunities to assist the organization in more than just case management. Qualified individuals of all ages are encouraged to apply, especially those who identify as: women; transgender or gender-variant; lesbian, gay bisexual, queer, or other sexual minorities. Preference is given to applicants residing in Amman, Jordan.
- A demonstrated commitment to justice-driven work (as a professional or volunteer), especially refugee- or LGBT-related work.
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Case management and trauma-informed care
- Provision of shelter and other critical services
- Digital and physical security
- Proficiency in Arabic and English
- Attend regular bi-weekly field meetings in Amman, Jordan (in person or remotely) and occasional other project-based meetings.
- Attend all required trainings. Trainings cover many topics and may include: basic case management skills, digital and physical security, management of vicarious (secondhand) trauma.
- Maintain the security of Rainbow Street field operations by maintaining personal security and advising clients on managing their own security.
- Conduct interviews with LGBT individuals who request assistance from Rainbow Street, provide written reports on all interviews, make recommendations on individuals’ care, and facilitate the provision of that care.
- Make referrals for clients to local and regional partner organizations.
- Participate in various other projects organized by the local field team, related to building a more effective field team and local referral network.
Those interested should submit their information online via the secure form below. Unfortunately, we may not be able to respond to every applicant.
How to apply
Rainbow Street's Mission and Vision
Rainbow Street partners with local activists and care providers to develop immediate and long-term solutions for queer and trans communities in the Middle East and North Africa who experience systemic persecution and disenfranchisement due to perceived sexual orientation and gender expression.
Rainbow Street is creating a world where LGBT people everywhere are treated with dignity and compassion by all. We look forward to the day when LGBT voices are valued and celebrated across the globe at all levels of society, media, and politics.